Building a modern data platform for the Environmental Protection Authority Victoria.
Learn how the world’s second-oldest environmental regulatory agency delivered a data platform that’s highly reliable and significantly more scalable.
EPA Victoria is undertaking a transformation to become a world-class regulator of pollution and waste. They collect and manage a broad range of environmental data including data related to air, land, groundwater, noise, odour, waste and water.
Find out how EPA Victoria engaged Data Agility to help scope the requirements of the project, to improve the collection of the data and the usability of it and to ensure future data collection will meet their organisational needs.
- The challenges EPA Victoria was facing including the collection and management of a broad range of environmental data
- The important steps taken to implement reliable data systems and replace the processing of data from EPA’s existing network of Air Quality Sensors across Victoria.
- The key results EPA Victoria was able to achieve by delivering a modern data platform which include:
– A fully redundant system, ensuring information is always available for the community.
– Ability to manage high volumes of sensor data introduced by the growing network of sensors for all types of environmental data.
– A 60% improvement in the speed at which the data is now available on the AirWatch website.